To our valued clients and dear friends of Henry Wealth Management, we extend warm wishes for a happy and prosperous 2024!
As we turn the page to a new calendar year, it's only natural to reflect on the past twelve months and consider what lies ahead. There's a saying that resonates with this sentiment: “What was it that I was so worried about one year ago?”
It's easy to forget the concerns that once weighed heavily on our minds 365 days earlier. Allow me to offer a quick reminder of the apprehensions that may have caused uneasiness about your portfolio when 2023 was getting underway:
- Concerns regarding economic growth.
- Worries about rising unemployment.
- Inflationary fears- will it continue to climb?
- The Federal Reserve- expectations of interest rate hikes and might they cause a recession?
- The lingering Russia-Ukraine war (not to mention the Israeli-Hamas war that would break out later in the year)?
- How will the contentious U.S. political atmosphere impact my portfolio?
Despite many gloomy economic outlooks for 2023 and predictions of a stock market decline, the actual results tell a different story:
Market Indicator: 2023 Results:
Dow Jones Industrials +13.70%
S & P 500 Stock Index +24.23%
NASDAQ Composite +43.42%
The key takeaway for our clients can be summarized in our frequently referred to, pithy mantra: "Build a portfolio that you can live with and then live with it". We will continue to emphasize the importance of building a globally diversified portfolio and sticking with your strategy, even in the face of turbulence, actual or anticipated.
We're available to address any questions that you may have and we certainly are grateful for your business and trust. Cheers to a successful 2024!